You may be a curly girl if you get super excited about getting a bottle of shampoo under your Christmas tree. Well, that special, just for curls kind of hair cleanser that you’ve been longing to try for years, at least!
The curly girls on the Adornabelle Team can relate! That’s why this year we’re sharing some of our favorites–and biggest curly girl holiday wishes– with you in this special holiday gift guide that is tailor made especially for you, or the curly girl in your life.
From all those dreamy DevaCurl products to a coffee mug that features some of our biggest curly girl problems, we hope you enjoy our top gift picks. These are things as that curly girls ourselves, we’d be super happy to find under our trees this holiday season. And whether or not you are a die hard curly girl or a casual dabbler, we’re pretty sure you’ll agree that our picks are definitely the ingredients to a happy, curly Christmas.
The Curly Girl Handbook
For many of us curly girls, it all started with a copy of The Curly Girl Handbook. Almost 65% of women have naturally wavy or curly hair. Some of us have hidden it for years. Curls can feel like a curse. But that’s not how it should be! If you are struggling against your inner curly girl, you need to put this curly girl book on your wishlist immediately. Lorraine Massey is THE original curly girl, and her book is filled with information, recipes, tips. It’s everything you need to know to get started on your journey to embracing your inner curls. And it has been hair changing for many of us. Even if you are already on track and loving on your curls, The Curly Girl book is a wonderful resource you’ll want to refer to (and loan to your friends!) over and over again.
DevaCurl Kits & Products
Most of us curly girls settle for products we can find locally and that don’t break our budget. But who are we kidding? We all drool over the curly girl’s dream products, created by curly hair experts at DevaCurl. Christmas is the perfect time to try out the products you’ve been eying by adding them to your wish list. We all know how hard winter is on our curls, and this Winter Curl Survival Kit looks amazing. But I wouldn’t be sad at all if I found a DevaCurl Holiday Kit under the tree either!
DevaCurl has so many awesome things made specifically for curly hair. Here’s a few more of our favorite DevaCurl items.
More Happy Curl Products
- Curl Cloth– drying curls with a regular towel not only can be damaging to the hair but it can make that frizz “halo” that is the bane of every curly girl’s life really flair up. This curl cloth is gentle, and keeps your curls at their best.
- Microfiber Drying gloves – these gloves are amazing for scrunching in products or getting a little extra moisture out of your hair.
- Curl Clips – if you need to add some height and definition to your hair, curly clips are the thing! These are designed specifically for curls so they give the best results and last a long time too!
- Diffuser – air drying is best for most curly girls. But we all have times when a little drying help would be welcome. This awesome diffuser would make that a possibility without destroying the gorgeous curls as they dry. If you are incredibly lucky, maybe you’ll find the entire drying set under your tree.
Other Curly Christmas Goodies
- Satin Pillowcases -second day hair looks better when it hasn’t been fuzzed by a cotton pillow. A silky pillow case helps keep those curls in a lot better shape for freshening up the next day.
- Hair Sticks – Hair sticks are a great accessory for curly hair. It doesn’t pull and damage as much as a tie does, and it can look so incredibly cute!
- Lila Rose Products – several of the curly girls on the Adornabelle team love lila rose. From flexi clips to hair sticks to my favorite, the gorgeous you-pins.
Now it’s your turn!
Tell us what you would like to find under your curly Christmas tree! We are always looking for new favorites to add to our lists, too!